Sunday, January 25, 2009

Matthew 6: 27 says do not worry. How many times is that heard throughout the day? "Don't worry about it. It'll be ok." How many times is it believed? Don't lie...not often, right? Well God is definitely showing me these days how much I need to really actually listen to that command. Here's how it went.
There's a retreat coming up this weekend that I'm going to, and am really, really excited to go. I had written a note to my boss at work, telling her that I needed that weekend off, because I would be out of town. However, I look at the schedule when it comes out, and it says I'm working 7 hours, on both Friday and Saturday. And my boss is not one to be lenient when it comes to scheduling conflicts. And yet, one more simple note to remind her what I've already told her causes her to redo the entire schedule. Something I never would have guessed she would do for me. So I thank her and God. A lot.

Another thing that's been on my mind a lot lately has been the concept of servitude. The greatest impact that's affected on this earth is when someone is seen as a servant to others, even when they don't have to be. Even in everyday situations, when hanging out with friends, are you serving each other? Are you giving your all to everyone you possibly can, to see their lives affected, or are you there to enjoy it for yourself, to suck up as much out of it as pleases you?
Honestly, I can say I've been slipping on that point. I love hanging out with friends; ask anyone I know, they'll tell you the same thing. But I'm there cause I don't wanna miss anything; I wanna be part of everything that happens with my friends. I wanna be in on it.
My viewpoint really needs to change in that regard. I need to give to everyone, to make sure I'm doing everything I can to lift everyone up, not thinking about myself. I need to be humble.
This reminds me of my friend Taylor. He is the perfect example of a servant. He is the most selfless person I've ever met in my life. Seeing that example helps me out in a way by partly giving back to him--since he definitely needs it, doing all that giving he does; and partly making me see that it's all about other people. Their needs come first. It's kinda like love. Jesus said that the world would know that we are His disciples by our love. And 1 Corinthians 13 says that love is patient and kind...is not proud...is not self-seeking. The stereotypical definition for a servant is one who exudes all of those qualities.
So for me, the next time I'm hangin out with a group of people, or even just one-on-one with someone else, I'm definitely gonna be doing all I can to make sure the other person feels the love. What are you going to do?

Yeah, I ramble, so what? Leave comments if you like it, or even if you don't. I wanna know your thoughts :D

1 comment:

  1. I HATE IT... I THINK ITS GARBAGE!!!! im just kidding. its good man. you really know how to make your thoughts flow!!!

    ReplyDelete